I can see!! :)

/
0 Comments

Just wanted to give you all a quick update from my surgery. I CAN SEE!!

It appears (by sight) that all went well. I am back at work and have a follow-up visit today. Continue to pray that all truly went well and the results will be excellent. (I do NOT want to do this again.) My friend Lucy checked on me a couple times after my surgery... I'm sure I entertained her. :) I was so out of it, but managed to sleep most the afternoon/evening and definitely all through the night. I spent most of the morning trying to get all the sticky stuff off my face from the plastic shields they taped over my eyes. (I was not very successful.)

If any of you are interested in the exact details of my LASIK experience and what I thought about it, I'm happy to share. This is simply a quick message for those of you who simply want to know the results. But shoot me an email/message if you're curious about LASIK or might be interested in getting it yourself but are nervous about what to expect. I'll tell ya all about mine!

Lastly... I wish to donate my prescription glasses. This email will serve to get the word out if you know of anyone who has this need or if perhaps you or someone you know are soon to take a medical missions trip. My prescription is OD 2.75 / OS 2.75 (sphere). They are small, brown, trendy glasses for a woman/teenage girl. I will go through a program online if I get no response from this email.

And since my burden is deep for those less fortunate than myself, I wanted to close by sharing with you some statistics from Unite for Sight, an organization working in the U.S. and developing countries to provide eye care services and educational programs to those who otherwise could not afford or have access to them.

• Over 1 billion people in developing countries need eyeglasses but cannot afford them.
• Over 4 million pairs of eyeglasses are thrown away each year in North America.
• 25% of the global population needs eyeglasses.
• 50% of children in institutions for the blind in Africa would be able to read normal or large print if
they had eyeglasses.
• The price for glasses in Benin and other African countries can exceed three months' average salary.

As we thank God for the success of my surgery, let's also ask Him to keep our hearts burdened for others who are in need of even the basics of life. Every day we should ask Him what we can do to help those who can't help themselves.

If you have a pair of glasses (or even sunglasses) that you no longer use... check out organizations like Unite for Sight or Lions Club International for donation ideas.

Thank you for your prayers!!



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.