Merry Christmas from N'awlins!!

/
0 Comments

I pray that you and yours have a joyous Christmas season!! I will be traveling home to spend mine with my friends and family in East TN! I hope to see many of you!

I've already enjoyed a little piece of home this week... We've had a volunteer group from the Baptist Campus Ministry of UT-Chattanooga. I even knew one of t
he guys from when I went there! So it's been nice to have some fellow Tennesseans around! They've been painting at a newly sheetrocked house, cleaned up at a local AIDS residence, cooked and served meals at a homeless shelter, and will go in the morning to a children's home for kids in state custody due to neglect, abuse, or behavioral problems. What a blessing they have been to the city of New Orleans!

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. 2008 should bring some more great adventures!! Stay tuned...


Meanwhile, try this delicious recipe as my Christmas gift to you! It truly melts in your mouth... (just had my first piece 5 minutes ago!)

Pumpkin Spice Cake
from the kitchen of Dr. Rhonda Kelley

1 pkg. spice cake mix
1/2 c. salad oil
1 sm. vanilla instant pudding
1/2 c. water
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 eggs

Mix and bake in greased and floured bundt pan for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve with dollop of CoolWhip, sprinkle with nutmeg and powdered sugar.

Blessings today and always...





You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.