Calling all socks!

/
0 Comments
As most of you are beginning to enjoy the warmer weather, it is becoming quite chilly here! Winter is approaching, and many families are scrambling to prepare themselves for the season. Within the next few weeks, 250 of the FHS children will be getting a new pair of shoes for school. Children here are required to wear uniforms to school, and with the uniforms they must wear black dress shoes. FHS has received funds that will allow us to purchase these shoes for many of the kids. For the last several days, we have been measuring each child so we can order the right sizes. I have been heavily involved in this process. Several kids don’t even wear shoes to the center, and many who do don’t have socks—another requirement for their uniform. After over one hundred kids, I can count on one hand the socks I did see that didn’t have holes in them. Some of them were barely hanging on by a thread.

As the colder months are approaching, it is my desire that none of these children will be without socks to warm their feet. That is where you can help! I want to begin purchasing and distributing socks to these children and there are two ways that you can assist me with this goal.

You can mail new or like new socks (all sizes from age 5-17) to:

Hannah Sterling
PO Box 40267
Windhoek, Namibia

(It takes about 1 month for mail to arrive from the States.)

2) You can send money to purchase the socks by writing a check out to “Hannah Sterling” and mailing to my mom. Email me if you would like the address.

Please write “Socks” in the memo and my mom will deposit the money into an account I can access from here.

Thank you for thinking of the children this winter. I complain often about how cold it is in my house in the city, but I cannot imagine what it is like to live in a tin shack with cold air coming through all of the holes and gaps. Brrr! Help me add a little comfort to their lives by keeping them warm, feet first!



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.