Tennessee Safari!

/
2 Comments
Today I had a special reunion with two of my favorite African gals Lily and Ariane. I met Lily at The King's Academy where I used to teach and be a dorm mom back in 2006. Last year I was a guest speaker in one of the classes and Lily introduced herself to me. She and her twin sister Ariane are from Rwanda. We all spent some time getting to know each other last year. I was especially touched hearing stories of their family's miraculous survival and faith during the Rwandan genocide. The girls were just infants at the time.

I can't believe how quickly this year has passed by! It was this time last year since I had seen the girls. I wanted to make sure we got together before I left for Haiti. I thought it would be fun to do something different and go to Circle G Ranch, a place I've only recently heard of not far from where I live. They invited their friend Josyan, also from Rwanda. On our way there, we realized that they had actually gone there in April. That was a bit of a bummer as I had hoped to take them to do something they'd never done before. But they said it was fun and seemed to still be happy for a girls' outing. I was excited as I hadn't been on a safari since Africa! :)

We got there, met a nice man named Raymond, and bought a few buckets of feed. All I knew about this place is they have a bunch of animals, I would be driving my car through the park, and the furry beasts would be coming up to the window to say hello and have a snack. What I didn't realize was how trained these animals were to the situation and how many of them would all try to stick their head inside the car at the same time! I also didn't know an interesting fact about my sweet friends... you can catch that one for yourself in the video at the end of all these photos...


  



The llamas or alpacas or whatever they are were chasing after the car the whole time!

I loved the baby zebras! There was another one even smaller than this one.


I was excited to see a Highland cow--or Heilan' coo as they call them in Scotland!
  

"Get my good side!"



This is as close as they would get!

Hungry goats...

  
  

And now a short video for your viewing pleasure. This is nothing special, but I wanted you to get a better idea of our perspective... 




You may also like

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like fun!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Powered by Blogger.