Changing Seasons

/
0 Comments














To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...


Ecclesiastes 3 is one of those passages of Scripture that gets quoted so much you often forget to take time to let it sink in. But as I reflect on the last few weeks and the next several to come, these verses have had and will continue to have significant meaning for me. It's possible that I've experienced every range of emotion imaginable since the beginning of this month. And for those emotions that I wish I could have avoided, I take deep comfort in the fact that God had a purpose for each particular moment and season. 


As most of you know, my granddaddy passed away on November 20th. I was blessed to be able to be there as he left this world for his eternal home with the Lord. That incredible man is beyond description. My family had hoped for many more great years with him. I'm grateful I was able to be with them to share this loss and encourage one another.

Things in Haiti are going well enough. It is always filled with its blessings and challenges. The number of malnourished children starts to weigh on me after a while, but I'm glad that The Children's Nutrition Program of Haiti is here and that I've been able to be involved with the great work they do. Smerelda in the photo at the top and Stephania in the photo on the side are two who have especially gripped my heart and who we're trying to help. Thank you for your continued prayers for these precious children. 

Next year will begin a new chapter of my life and ministry in Haiti. The end of the year brings the end of my internship with CNP. After much prayer and consideration, I have accepted a position with Family Health Ministries as their guesthouse manager. Their guesthouse is just minutes away from where I live now and it will be a great opportunity to put to use my love of hospitality while hopefully giving me a flexible schedule to be able to pursue other ministry interests... namely, the children's home. (www.hopeforlifehaiti.com) I plan to continue to dig in there and help make improvements in the lives of those sweet kids. And I will keep you posted on how you can help. You can learn more about Family Health Ministries from their website, www.familyhm.org. I'm excited for a new season yet again in Haiti, and I appreciate your prayers as I make this transition. I will be home for three weeks over Christmas and will fly back to Haiti on January 11th.

I will close with the first eight verses of Ecclesiastes 3. I hope you will take the time to consider each one as it applies to whatever season you are in. And as we celebrate and reflect during this time of thanksgiving, remember to "rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

"To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; 
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace."

Many blessings and Happy Thanksgiving!


A man who was dearly loved and will be greatly missed


Thankful for unexpected time with family


Taking some time to love on little Stephania


The FHM guesthouse


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.