Decorating update (as promised)

/
0 Comments
I'm making the new house feel like a home. I've always enjoyed putting some creative effort into everywhere I've lived. Whether it's been one room, a small apartment, or a 3-bedroom house. My options in Haiti are limited without forking out a lot of money or filling up a suitcase with only fun decorating items. So I improvise and do the best I can without the luxury of Hobby Lobby and other crafty and cute stores! I'm loving how my room is turning out. It's peaceful and relaxing. Just how I like and need for it to be! I'm going to buy a couple comfy chairs for the other side of the room to have a place to read, watch a movie on my granddaddy's TV (it fit in the suitcase!), and exercise.

The inspiration/first purchase for my room was the rug. And my favorite decoration is the banner above the bed. I just love how it turned out. :)

I saw a photo hanging contraption like this at Target and almost bought it. Then decided to make my own instead.

I knew how I was going to make the frames--what color, with the ribbon, etc. Just needed inspiration for what to put inside. Settled on some of my new favorite verses from Psalm 27 thanks to my friend Erika. :)

I wanted to bring at least one wall hanging with me. I figured this one is quite appropriate and a good reminder as I wake up every morning!

Even my bathroom got a mini-makeover with the plaque on the wall, new and comfy bathmat and new shower curtain. You can't tell from this photo, but I took the chevron ribbon from the other wall hangings I made and glued it around the mirror to cover up the blah metal frame. It's super cute!

This was my decorating contribution to the main living area at the guesthouse. I had some of my photos made into metal prints (thus the glare), but they turned out well and are a definite attention grabber.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.