Haitian hospitality

/
0 Comments
I'm always blessed by the sweet and giving nature of so many Haitians I meet. When we stopped by this lady's house up in Chevrine last week, she asked us if we wanted some coconuts from her tree. Sometimes I politely refuse when offered gifts of food, as I don't feel comfortable taking from these families what they need themselves. This woman had just finished telling us that recently someone had come into her home and made a mess of the place, stealing all of her money. The two little children were home at the time. She had gone to tie up her cow in a field nearby. She was very upset about this, but two minutes later is offering us this gift of coconut milk. I could tell that she had so much joy in wanting to give despite her own hardships. Realizing this, I accepted, as didn't want to steal that blessing from her. Indeed "it is more blessed to give than to receive." (Acts 20:35) Though of course we also were blessed and thoroughly enjoyed this special treat!





You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.