Attitude Adjustment

/
0 Comments

“Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus…” Philippians 2:5

I woke up realizing I needed a bit of an attitude adjustment today. I was already complaining about early morning calls and visitors (no calls and visitors before 7am please and thank you!), the staff not doing things exactly as I would (you mean people don't read minds?), and just feeling ready for my Christmas break coming in 26 days, 13 hours, and 19 minutes (not that I'm counting...)

Fact #1: This missionary gets tired. 
Fact #2: Sometimes this missionary isn't her best for herself or others.

Truth to live by... DAILY: My attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. 

I found this devotion and spent some time asking God to search my heart for the source behind my negativity this morning. Sometimes I'm tired, stretched too thin, feeling burned out. These are things I need to ask God to help me deal with. They are not an excuse for a poor attitude. I need to ask Him to replace my pride with humility, my complaining with gratitude, my selfishness with generosity, my bitterness with kindness... 

And of course I'll share the devotion with you in case your Friday morning is feeling like a Monday morning! Choose joy, kindness, and gratitude today. Your attitude will thank you for it. And so will everyone else around you! Breathe deep. It's a new day. 

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

To read the devotion, click here: www.proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/attitude-adjustment


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.