Changes and more changes...

/
0 Comments
It has been decided by AIM that Mick (the Unit Leader of Namibia) and his family return to the States. This decision has significant effects on the remaining AIM personnel in Namibia. For one, Rob (a father of 6, doctor, and team leader in Rundu--8 hours north of Windhoek) is going to step in as acting Unit Leader at least during the immediate transition. And I have been asked to take over the administrative role. We are really hoping that Rob + Hannah = Mick… though I have my doubts. Mick really has done a tremendous job both on the administrative level and as the man with the vision for AIM’s work in Namibia. He will be missed! And on November 20th, when I’m sitting in the office the day after he’s landed safely in Florida, I’m likely going to be in panic mode.

There are so many details I’m trying to soak up as fast as I can before he leaves. My main duties will involve two areas: finances and Home Affairs. There are so many checks and balances when it comes to the finances of AIM’s work throughout Namibia. I’m now responsible for keeping that all together and organized. Home Affairs is a complete beast. It involves submitting paperwork for visas and work permits, and keeping up with where each member of AIM Namibia is at with those steps so that I can follow up on a weekly basis at the office of Home Affairs. Just a tiny responsibility.

Needless to say, I covet your prayers during this transition. I need my brain to be in top shape as I’m shoving in as much information as I can during my last week with Mick. It’s very easy to feel completely overwhelmed, and I’m trying to fight that as much as I can. God knew this was going to happen, and I can clearly see ways in which He has prepared me for this very job before and after my arrival in Africa.

My time at FHS will be affected a bit, as I’ll need to leave my schedule open to the demands of the administrative role, going to Home Affairs, and so on. But don’t worry, I’ll still be loving on those kids as hard as ever! Currently I go to the center four days a week, and I should be able to still go at least three, if not all four days.

Again, I appreciate your prayers for me as I get settled into this new role, but I also ask for your prayers in three other specific areas:

1) The Rineer family (Mick, Suzanne, Adam, Peter, Grace, and Christy). This has been a sudden decision, and while they were planning to go to the States for Home Assignment, they were not intending to go home for good. Everything has changed for them. Packing their house, selling furniture and cars, saying their premature good-byes, and so on. Pray for them as they continue to get everything in order to leave next Thursday. Pray for their hearts as they say good-bye to special friends they have made throughout their five years in Namibia. And pray for them as they move on from here, seeking what God has for them in the States and beyond.

2) Paloma. Paloma is their four year old foster daughter that many of you have already heard about through my prayer letter and Facebook. The Rineers were already having a tough time getting the Namibian government to grant adoption papers, and then all of a sudden her birth father appears, requesting that he become Paloma’s guardian--thus blocking the Rineer’s from going any further with fostering or adoption. This is a devastating blow as it means that Paloma will be left behind while who she knows as her family leaves for the U.S., with no promise of a return. This coming Sunday, Paloma will be sent to town three hours away to live in a foster home of who will be, to her, a complete stranger. My heart breaks for her. She thinks she’s going to America with her family. She’ll learn this weekend that that is not the case. I love Paloma with all my heart. I know children are more resilient than we often give them credit for, but I also know that childhood hurts can have lifetime effects. I will continue to pray for this precious little girl even after her family heads to Florida. I hope you will do the same. I know God loves Paloma even more than we do, and I trust that He has a perfect plan for her, a plan of redemption and restoration. A plan to completely mend her broken heart.

3) For the remaining team in Namibia. These past few months have been difficult for the entire team here in Namibia, especially those here in Windhoek. Pray for team unity during this tough time. Pray for healing and that forgiveness will be given and received where it is needed. Pray that Satan will have no rule here, and that God’s people will be used for God’s glory and nothing else. It is always a place of spiritual battles where God’s people are set about to do His work. May we recognize Satan’s attacks and overcome them by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for your prayers, your support, and your encouragement now and always.




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.