Akwaaba!! Welcome to Ghana!

/
0 Comments
The past week has been an incredible time of God lavishly pouring His blessings over me. I was able to attend a Women of the Harvest retreat in Ghana. The sole purpose of a WOTH retreat is to minister to missionary women… and wow! What an incredible job they did at that!
Six of us from our Namibia team traveled up to West Africa on Friday. We got to spend a day shopping in the market of Accra before heading to the beach resort in Elmina. I spent the next four days with 47 other missionary ladies and 20 WOTH volunteers and staff. They loved on us, pampered us, encouraged us, prayed with us, and shared their lives with us. It was definitely one of the most refreshing experiences of my life and exactly what I needed after the difficult months I’ve had recently.
I especially loved the guest speaker, Becky Harling, and the challenges she presented each day from God’s word. She has walked a tough road and hearing her testimony of how God has faithfully brought her out of such darkness was a great encouragement to all of us. She has written a few books that I would recommend to anyone facing similar situations—one of which she gave all of us as a gift called Finding Calm in Life’s Chaos. I’m excited to read it!
Other highlights from my time in Ghana (in no particular order):
-Canopying with Falconer across the Kakum Rainforest
-Horseback riding along the beach with Cindy and Margaux
-Fellowshipping and praying with the 7 amazing women in my small group
-Touring one of Ghana’s infamous slave castles
-Lounging around on the beach
-Petting the back of a crocodile (and not being eaten!)
-Shopping at one of Ghana’s incredible bead markets
-Watching Prison Break episodes with Falconer every night until going to bed
-Buying plantain chips out of the taxi window… delicious!
-and simply allowing God to bless me and restore my soul in ways I never would have imagined!
It is a bit strange writing about such an incredible retreat, since it is a bit out of the ordinary for most missionary blogs. But I know that just as so many of you are praying for me as I minister and labor in Namibia, you are also praying that I would have those sweet times with the Lord, the encouragement through fellowship with other believers, and even times of relaxation and adventure—both of which provide immeasurable refreshment! Thank you for your prayers for all of the above, and know that God is answering them.
You can view more photos from the retreat by going to the WOTH Ghana blog. You may see some faces you recognize!
This little boy, Kojo, is just too adorable to leave out of this blog. His mother must work and/or live at the castle. He got the giggles as we were taking pictures of him. Too precious!
Lizards were everywhere! :)



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.