Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream

/
0 Comments
Aside from entertaining visitors, I’ve been busy with other great stuff! When I was on the airplane on the way to Israel at the end of 2010, I felt God leading me to teach a study at my church on the book Radical by David Platt. Our enthusiastic Minister of Education got on board and approved the study. Finally, after months of talking about it, the class has begun! We cover a chapter a week and this week we’ll hit Chapter Two. It’s been exciting already to see the energy among those in the class. Over 20 adults signed up and during our first week I told them how humbled I am to teach this class and to have so many make remarks about how eager they’ve been for the class to begin. A big reason for that is I’m the “teacher” and yet, I’m the youngest person in the class! (I put teacher in quotations because I know that I have just as much to learn from this book and from the other members.)

Like I said, this is a humbling experience. It’s also very challenging. I must fully depend on God for the wisdom and strength I need to effectively lead this class. And I must constantly check my own life against what I’m teaching and the challenges I’m urging my friends to accept. During that first class, I told everyone that I have only one expectation… that God will change each one of us. That He will transform our minds and lead us back to the Jesus of the gospel, away from the “Jesus” that we’ve fit into our lives and pretty church buildings. I have no desire to predict how that transformation will look in each of our lives. I don’t want my human imagination to limit what God wants to do through this study. We will be changed, and I can’t wait to see how that change plays itself out and ignites a new hunger for God and living out His gospel.



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.