Reunions and Wedding in Chicago

/
0 Comments
This past weekend took me up north to Chicago for my good friend Adam's wedding. Adam was one of my co-workers at MissionLab down in New Orleans. I met Adam in 2006 and over the course of my time in New Orleans, our friendship grew to the point that I count him as one of my best friends. When he started dating Kelsey in 2008, I told him that I would for sure be at his wedding. Thankfully, the wedding was planned for the perfect time for my own travel schedule... considering that this time last year I was in Africa!

While I was in the Chicago area, I also got to meet up with my friend Kitty. Many of you will remember Kitty from my time in Namibia. She was present for that exciting weekend when I burned up my clutch, click here. And she was with me on my very first trip to Cape Town, hereand here. She picked me up from the airport on Thursday and treated me to dinner at this cool stir-fry buffet type place. Then we headed into Chicago for a surprisingly chilly walk around the city. On the way back to her place, I spotted a White Castle and insisted we drive-thru so I could see how they compared to Krystal. :)

On Friday Kitty dropped me off at the train station and I headed to Naperville. I helped with some of the reception set-up, but mostly just enjoyed hanging out with all my buds from New Orleans. We had a great weekend laughing with and at each other, and retelling some of our unforgettable memories from when we all lived in NOLA... most of them still live there. It was such a joy to hangout and be a part of the wedding celebration! Oh... and Adam and Kelsey are heading to Gatlinburg for their honeymoon. :)

Here are some photos from the weekend. You can see more on Facebook...

Sadly, this is the only photo we got together...

Hanging out at the train station

I jokingly made a big deal about eating potato salad out of a carton! I can say that was a first!!

Adam getting his first look at his bride

Adam and Kelsey have placed God in the center of their relationship from the beginning. I'm so excited to see where God takes them together in the years ahead!

Me and my NOLA buds

Congrats, Adam and Kelsey! Thanks for letting me be a part of your special day!!


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.