Shoes for orphans in Haiti

/
0 Comments

If you've read some of my previous blog entries from Haiti, you'll know that I've been working with Samaritan's Purse on an orphanage project called The Lamb Center. There are 60 children currently at this orphanage. And they are so precious! :) Of course they've all already stolen my heart!


About half of them are in need of sturdy shoes. We walked with them to church this morning, and two of them had their cheap flipflops break on the quarter-mile trek. We kept trying to fix them every time they came apart. The girl eventually took hers off to walk barefoot and the boy (pictured above), barely 4, I ended up carrying the rest of the way.


I would love to help buy shoes for the ones who need them most. I brought some money along that some of you gave me, but it will not be enough to cover them all. I should be able to get a good pair of shoes for around $7 each down here. So for 30 shoes, I'll need $210. Any remaining money I can use to buy them clothes, which they also need. Some of them this morning didn't go to church because they didn't have clothes without holes or big tears in them. Some of us may say that it doesn't matter what you wear to church. And of course we know that is true. But, the people of Haiti have just as much dignity as you and I do, and want to be presentable, especially when they go to worship in God's house. And I certainly believe they deserve that option. Most of us have dozens of outfits to choose from. These children are lucky if they have one good outfit on any given day.


If you would like to contribute towards the purchase of the shoes or clothing, send me an email (hannahsterling@live.com) and I will give you my mailing address. My mom can deposit the check and I can withdraw it from here. I've still got this week and next to purchase the items, so there is time if you would like to mail it this week. Just write "Shoes for Haiti" in the memo so we'll know what it's for.


Thanks for praying for these children and helping where you are able!



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.