More photos from Haiti

/
0 Comments
I thought I would take some time to post some more photos from my time here. There is so much to say and so many photos to show! I went through and picked out some that I thought give you a good overall picture of what I've seen and experienced here so far.
These first ones I took while riding around. We are staying right outside of Léogâne which is at least a two hour drive from Port-au-Prince. Some of these were taken closer to where I am staying and some were taken while driving through bigger cities.

Traffic in Haiti is an experience for sure!


Many of the temporary shelters that SP set up can still be spotted throughout the country


Remains from the earthquake


A big problem everywhere, and especially in the larger cities


A family pulling in the catch of the day near our base outside of Léogâne


A storm coming in... those tents are where we sleep


Not cool. And each of Aaron's fingers are about two inches longer than mine, so that tells you how ginormous this tarantula is. Yikes!

But... since Aaron seemed to have the situation under control, I used it as a photo op... sweaty and gross or not!


Guess what we're making?? CAKE BALLS! :) I wanted to treat the staff and volunteers with my signature dessert. They were the ugliest cake balls I've ever made, but they still tasted great and were a big hit. Marie Michell enjoyed helping me make them. And yes, I'm once again drenched in sweat. Lovely, huh?


Our friend Charles cutting open some coconuts for us from a tree that randomly fell down while we were working. The milk was so refreshing after working so hard out in the heat.


The kiddos that live next door to the building site


One of the many absolutely amazing sunsets we witness each night from the base! (This is when you realize why I really chose to stay two more weeks! Jk...)


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.