Change of plans... for now

/
1 Comments
I'm returning to Haiti.

If you read my blog a couple weeks ago, I wrote about possibly returning to Namibia. I was hoping to raise some money for a return trip in November. I soon found out that God had other plans.

A couple weeks ago when I set up my jewelry booth for the Townsend craft fair, I met a lady who was interested in all my travels. After telling her I had recently served in Haiti, she told me about her sister and brother-in-law who have been working in and out of Haiti since 1993. She took my information and gave it to her brother-in-law. Grant and Eva Rimback are from the Maryville area and started an organization called God's Planet, which seeks to bring the love of Christ to Haiti and partners with orphanages, many of which have been struggling even more than usual after the January 2010 earthquake. A couple of days after receiving my information, Grant contacted me and since then we've had some great conversations about their ministry in Haiti. Turns out, they have been looking for someone to help them with a couple of projects coming up soon--the first of which is to help them gather information for their Christmas project.

I'll be heading down to Croix de Boquet, Haiti the first week in November for about a week. I'll be taking photos and gathering information for some 150-200 children that God's Planet will find sponsors for here in the States to provide Christmas presents. They've done this every year for several years. I also hope to be able to visit some of my Samaritan's Purse friends while I'm down there and of course try to visit those precious children at the Lamb Center!

How you can help:

I need to raise at least $500 for the plane ticket. God's Planet has graciously offered to provide my room and board for this trip. If you feel led to contribute, you can do so in a few ways...

-Purchase some of my jewelry and crafts through my website: www.thepaperbagboutique.com or in person this Saturday (Oct 22) at the Maryville College Harvest Crafts Festival from 9am-3:30pm.
-Give directly towards my plane ticket by mailing a check made out to me to P.O. Box 4878, Maryville, TN 37802.
-Pray for safe travels, for this new relationship with God's Planet, and for the children and community leaders I will get to meet and encourage.

Thanks for following along with my journey, for praying about how you can help, and for all your kind words and encouragement! I look forward to sharing with you about this trip and a possible opportunity for a longer time in Haiti after Christmas.



You may also like

1 comment:

Katie said...

Just bought another "Here I am Lord, send me necklace"! So excited to support continue to support you in this journey! :)

Powered by Blogger.