Returning to Namibia

/
0 Comments
Yesterday marked 10 months since I left Namibia. Not a day goes by that I haven't thought of that beautiful country and the precious relationships I built there. I have photos throughout my house from my time there, including three big collages that hang in the hallway. For 18 months, Namibia was my home and it will forever remain a part of me. I made friends there who are now like family. I consider them my Namibia mothers, sisters, brothers, and so many children!

When I left Namibia, I promised them that I would try my best to return within one year. As December is right around the corner, my deadline is quickly approaching. I have been able to keep in touch with some of them through email, but many do not have access to a computer. And I haven't been able to speak with any of the children at FHS, aside from Teacher Elizabeth's kids who I contacted via Skype several months ago. Maintaining those relationships is so important, and it would be wonderful to be able reconnect with my dear friends face to face.

Soon after I returned from Namibia, I set aside half of the money needed to purchase a return plane ticket. I have held onto that money, optimistic that I could find a way to pay for the other half. Tickets are between $1700-1900. So many months have passed and I've resigned to the fact that on my own, I do not have enough funds for the journey. I'm asking that some of you would prayerfully consider giving towards this trip. It would be short, probably around two weeks in November, but would be filled with sweet reunions and rekindling those relationships.

If you would like to give towards my trip, you can send a check made out to "Hannah Sterling" to my mom's address or the address below:

Hannah Sterling
P.O. Box 4878
Maryville, TN 37802-4878

I have also launched my new website with my jewelry and crafts, and I've been putting a lot of effort into trying to sell as much as I can to help pay for this trip. You can check it out here: www.thepaperbagboutique.com. Or if you live in the area and would like to take a box of jewelry to your work to sell for me, let me know. That's always fun for the ladies in your office, especially with Christmas approaching!

Thank you for keeping up with my journey! It has been wonderful being back in the States, spending time with my family and friends, and praying through what's next for me. But I often stop and reflect on my time in Namibia, and each time I do, I miss it more and more.

Kaita is turning 6 on October 10th! And to think he was only 3 when I first met him. I've already got some goodies set aside to take to him when I visit.

Gift and Nessy are Teacher Elizabeth's twins. They turned 4 this year and I'm sure they are sassy as ever!! I talked with them on the phone a while back. They still play "school" and fight over who gets to be "Teacher Hannah". :)

Ouma is one of many of my precious friends at FHS who I am so looking forward to reconnecting with! I still remember how to greet in Oshiwamba and I can already picture her face lighting up when she hears me greet her in her language.

Remember baby Matthew? I was there for his birth in July last year. This is from his one year birthday party. Some other missionaries emailed me this photo. I wish I could have been there with him and Nova to celebrate!! He's getting so big!


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.