Leaving on a jet plane...

/
1 Comments
ONE WEEK! That's how much longer I have in good ol' Maryville, Tennessee. It's hard to believe that all this planning and preparation will actually come to an end as I board that first plane one week from today. To be honest, it was starting to feel as if I would be preparing to go to Africa for the rest of my life. For over a year now I've been taking all of the necessary steps to get to this point, and in just a few short days I will actually be leaving. It is surreal. Honestly, my mind spins when I stop to consider the fact that I am moving to Africa. I'm moving to Africa!! That's just not something you hear (or say) very often. I've packed a lot into these last 8 or so months I've had since I moved home from New Orleans. It has been such a blessing to spend the time with family and friends, and now that's it's crunch time I'm tempted to wish for a couple extra weeks to say my goodbyes and finish up my to-do list. A few days ago, however, I realized that it is time for me to get to the work God has for me in Namibia. While I was visiting my wonderful friends in New Orleans, I heard Rob Wilton speak at two MissionLab services. As always, he shared some heart-wrenching statistics. TODAY 66,000 people will die without ever hearing the message of salvation through Jesus Christ. 66,000 people!! I don't know about you, but that makes me want to jump out of my chair and get out into a world that is so desperately in need of the redemptive love of Christ! So yes, the goodbyes are hard and there never seem to be enough hours in the day to finish my to-do list, but those things are so trivial compared to the harvest that is before us and plentiful! I thank God that He has allowed me the privilege of working for His Kingdom. And I thank each of you for your prayers and support in helping me accomplish all that He has set before me. Continue to pray with me as I make my final preparations these last few days, and pray especially for the men, women, and children I will be encountering in Africa that God will use me in some way to bring the light and love of Jesus to each of their lives.


You may also like

1 comment:

Steve and Karrie said...

Step into your destiny, girl. It's waiting for you. :-)

Powered by Blogger.