My first Sunday in Windhoek

/
1 Comments
We woke up this morning to our fabulous host asking us if we liked pancakes. That’s a rhetorical question in my book! :) Her and her husband proceeded to whip us up a huge stack of made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. It was so incredibly delicious! I had my first glass of milk since I’ve been in Africa. It was actually quite good. So I’m excited to know that my milk-lovin’ self will be satisfied with the milk here in Namibia. After breakfast we went to church with Steve and Pam. It was a great service aside from being a little cold. We took our own blankets, as we were told that some of the members do the same. The view from the church was incredible of the colorful houses and unending mountains. Tomorrow will be another packed day of orientation. So much to learn! It makes me glad I’ll be here for quite some time. I don’t have to feel in a rush to learn everything all at once. For now, I’m just soaking it all in. And while there are great and beautiful things here like pancakes, the mountains, the sweet people, there are a lot of sobering facts about this city and country. I’m sure I’ll be sharing more with you in the days ahead.

Westside Baptist Church

The view from Westside BC with Margaux and Kitty.


You may also like

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I mean, I so thought from all your talking that Namibia would be HOT. Instead it sounds like it's warmer here...which is good because I tried to light a fire the other day and it did NOT happen. Wanna come help? We can set it up and then watch some Cold Case! :)

Powered by Blogger.