Thank the Lord for chai tea!

/
1 Comments
Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love milk! Back home I drink milk with nearly everything! Pizza and milk = the BEST combo! I haven’t had the milk here and in Namibia maybe it will be similar to milk in East Tennessee. All I know is that because I drink milk so often in the States, I know what I want it to taste like and anything besides that is probably not going to work for me. I don’t want sweet milk. Definitely no thick or chunky milk. Not a fan of powdered milk. It’s either my milk or none at all. (Granted, I will eat or drink anything in order to be polite towards an African host or similar situation.) Cold milk is not typically offered, but chai tea is often served after meals and at tea time. I love chai tea! I didn’t really know that until moving to Africa. I had tasted something once at Starbucks and there’s a café in Ringgold, GA that serves excellent chai tea lattes, but that was the extent of my chai tea experience. Here in Africa, I’ve had chai tea at least once a day. Oddly enough, it is fulfilling my milk cravings (for those of you who've never had it, chai tea is made with milk instead of water). And I love having a little something sweet immediately after my meal and a small cup of chai tea does the trick quite nicely. It saves me from needing to keep a chocolate or candy stash in my room! I must admit I add more than one spoonful of sugar, but the sugar here mostly settles at the bottom of the cup so I don’t feel so bad about that. I am not sure how popular chai tea is in Namibia since there is less of a British influence there, so for now I will simply enjoy this scrumptious indulgence.
A cup of delicious chai tea with mendazzis.


You may also like

1 comment:

Patrick and Tiffany said...

I'm glad you have a nice lil thing like that to look forward too! I wish I could fedex you a glass of milk and a chai tea from the coffee shop :)

Powered by Blogger.