Trading the fall colors of home for an African spring

/
2 Comments
That photo is an example of what I will be missing out on these next couple of months. There is little else as beautiful to me as the changing colors of an East Tennessee autumn. God in His blessings, however, never leaves me disappointed. I can thank Him for sight and giving me opportunities to behold the wonders of His creation wherever I go.

As Namibia is quickly moving from winter to summer, I am enjoying the springtime. I have heard few locals refer to this special season. They have already fast-forwarded to summer in their minds. I can't help but notice the magnificent coloring of this land right now. What is usually brown with a little green is spotted with vibrant pinks, reds, oranges, and purples.

My favorite aspect of the Namibian landscape so far is the mountain--in a way they remind me of home. Ranking a close second are the Jacaranda trees. If you have never seen a Jacaranda tree in person, you are missing out. They look like fireworks exploding all over this city. I only wish their purple flowers were in bloom all year long. Many are couple with the bright bougainvilleas. This city is absolutely gorgeous right now. I could drive around for hours just admiring the Windhoek spring. You'll have to come and see it for yourself, meanwhile here are some photos I took to give you an idea.

This one is in our front yard here at Monica's.

A neighbor's Jacaranda and bougainvilleas.


You may also like

2 comments:

The Frazier Family said...

Oh Hannah,

Isn't the spring beautiful there? I miss the "purple trees" and can't wait to see them again! I have your blog in my feed reader, so we've been enjoying your stories and have been praying for you. You are an incredible influence in those kids' lives. I hope our paths cross again, hopefully in Africa!

Blessings,
Heather

Kelly Sterling said...

Wow!! Those trees are wonderful. Reminds me of Spring in East Tennessee. I know you are touching lives in Windhoek and where ever you go. We miss and love you!!
Kelly & Dad

Powered by Blogger.