I miss blogging.

/
0 Comments
So many people have said to me, "It's great to have you home!" And certainly, it's a nice feeling to have so many people welcome you back to the place that is your "home". To feel wanted. To feel loved. Other people have said something a bit more difficult to respond to. It is typically along the lines of, "I bet you are glad to be home." Hmm... yes, it is good to be home. Home for me is always a good place to be. And I knew that God was calling me back home for this "season of my life" as I call it. And that's basically my response: "It is good to be home..." though here is where I have to make one important addition, "...but I miss Namibia." I do miss Namibia very much. The place, the people, so much from my time there is very dear to my heart. It is difficult to leave and travel 8,000 miles from such a special place--even if it is to return home to the town I love.

I miss Namibia. I miss the children. I miss my friends... so many of them became like family.

All of that was an introduction to tell you about something else I've missed... blogging. Ok, I know that is a very small thing compared to the other list. But it's true. If you go back and count, from the time I arrived in Namibia July '09 to when I left December '10, I wrote 142 blog entries. That's a lot of blogging! As I have been reflecting on my time in Namibia and my transition back home, it has entered my mind on more than one occasion that I'm definitely not as busy here! Well, I have been busy... just with different things. I don't have children all around me on a regular basis. I don't have to worry with all the administrative details of Unit finances, work visas and permits, and constant issues with the house. I'm not dealing with as many desperate and urgent needs that could arise at any moment in Namibia. Life here is a lot different. But it is my prayer that God will use me just as intensely here as He did in Namibia. And I have to actively fight against getting sucked into the comfort of the American life. (More about that in upcoming posts!)

Perhaps I could say, I still want to live a "blog-worthy" life here back home. I want to continue living a life I can and want to write about. That those of you who have been following along since I left for Africa would desire to continue on this journey with me. I want to continue telling the stories of others who inspire me, or who are facing difficult trials, or who simply need their stories to be told.

I know God has brought me back home for a purpose. Just as He sent me to Namibia for a purpose. I don't know His full plan for my time here. I don't know how long He wants me to stay here. All I know is that I am here now and I want to serve Him in as great of a capacity as I served Him in Namibia.

I hope you will continue to follow along as I pursue God's plan for my life in Tennessee and wherever else I may find myself in the coming year. You may not hear much from me aside from me saying "this year" or "one year", because I'm not a 5-year plan kinda gal! I've found a house to rent and the lease is for one year, so all I can say is that it looks like I'll at least be in Maryville for a year. After that, who knows? And between that, who knows? There are plans brewing that could include a month-long trip to Africa this fall. We'll just wait and see how it all turns out! But in the meantime, I'm excited to be used by God in this place. I may not post 142 entries in the next 18-months, but I'm going to keep it rolling every chance I get!


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.