How you can help tornado victims

/
0 Comments
If you would like to help the victims of the April 27 tornadoes, I will be packing my car up with donations to take to Alabama next week. You can find a list of the current needs below. Call or email me if you have items you would like to donate. If you live out of town and would like to contribute, you can mail a Walmart gift card and I will go shopping on Saturday. (Email me for my address.) If you go to my church, you can bring donations to church Sunday morning and I will collect them before I leave that afternoon.

1. Dry Goods
Cereals, potatoes, tuna and hamburger helpers, mac & cheese, spaghetti, beans and peas

2. Canned Foods
Canned meats and sauces (they currently have enough canned veggies and fruit)

3. Cleaning supplies, Bags & Paper Products
Mops, brooms, bleach, laundry detergent and dish detergent, ziploc storage bags (gallon and quart size), paper towels and bathroom tissue, trash bags (kitchen and 33 gallon)

4. Bedding & Towels
Sheets, pillows, pillowcases and bedspread/comforters, bath/face/hand towels, kitchen towels

5. Household Products
Dishes, glasses, silverware, small kitchen appliances (toasters, crock pots, irons, blenders, can openers), house (landline) phones, pots, pans, and cooking utensils

One idea for a big but inexpensive way to help, purchase dishes from Goodwill or similar thrift store.

Also, if you are interested in volunteering in Alabama for any portion of next week while I am there, let me know. Birmingham is an easy 4-hour drive from Maryville.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.