I'm going to Haiti!

/
0 Comments
I've been accepted to go on a short-term trip with Samaritan's Purse to Haiti in August. I'm super excited for two reasons... 1) I've wanted for a long time to get involved with the work Samaritan's Purse is doing across the globe and 2) I've been wanting to get down to Haiti to help since the earthquake on January 12, 2010.

The team I'll be on will be primarily a construction team as Samaritan's Purse continues its rebuilding efforts in Haiti. I'll look forward to sharing more information as I know more about the specifics of the project. Samaritan's Purse has been working on a variety of rebuilding projects including community centers, schools, orphanages, and churches.

Will you pray with me as I prepare for this trip? I know God is putting together the right team and preparing the ground for our arrival. I need to raise around $1,000 to cover my flight (most of that cost), immunizations, and supplies. If you would like to give towards my trip, you can send a check made out to "Hannah Sterling" to the following address:

Hannah Sterling
P.O. Box 4878
Maryville, TN 37802-4878

To give you a bit of an idea of how Samaritan's Purse has been involved in Haiti since the earthquake, here is some information I received in my pre-trip information packet...

"Since the earthquake, Samaritan's Purse has rotated hundreds of trained emergency responders into Haiti who are skilled in medicine, heavy equipment operations, water and sanitation, engineering, and logistics and management, among other professions. To address the staggering shelter needs, Samaritan's Purse is providing 10,000 transitional shelters for displaced persons. In addition, Samaritan's Purse continues to provide life-saving assistance in the distribution of food, non-food items, and health, water, sanitation and hygiene interventions for those in need. Through Samaritan's Purse health activities, 9,800 life-saving medical procedures and surgeries were performed for earthquake victims. Samaritan's Purse distributed food to 360,000 beneficiaries. Water filters, bladders and tap stands were provided to communities in need of potable water, each system providing thousands of liters of clean water per day. Samaritan's Purse is working with a local church network of 2,000 churches to distribute assistance and share the Gospel."

Thank you for praying with me as I embark on this journey. And thank you for considering how you can give to help me reach my goal!

(photo courtesy of SP)

For more information about Samaritan's Purse, check out their website at www.samaritanspurse.org.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.