Catching up...

/
1 Comments
I apologize for the long pause I've had in my blogging. Aside from an entry I wrote this week about needing sponsors for two young boys, it's been almost a month since I've written. I've been doing most of my contact through Facebook, posting as many photos as I can of the volunteers teams and what they've been up to. This is our last week of volunteer teams for a while. Roland is heading back to the States Friday. I'm going to stick around a little while longer, mostly because my brother is coming to Haiti in a little over a week and I want to stay and see him here. If I get another chance, I'll write a longer overview of what some of the teams have been doing this past month. Meanwhile, you can continue to follow along with my Facebook page and my Photo of the Day updates. And for now, I'll post some various photos with captions to give you an idea of some of what we've been up to. Thanks for following along with my journey in Haiti!

FBC Elberton did a VBS up on the mountain at Pastor Julmiste's church. We had 80-150 children and adults each day. It was incredible to see the adults who showed up. They were just as interested in the stories, games, and crafts as the children.
  
This week our crew is from Kingsland, GA. They're going to help start the rebuilding efforts for Pastor Julmiste's church. The same church FBC Elberton did the VBS last week.

Some shots of Pastor Julmiste's church now...


I love watching how two nations serve in unity together to do the Lord's work!

The kids up at the church are just adorable. They hangout, play, and also help us work. They have been a sweet blessing this week!

And we always find reasons to visit the kids at Children of Hope Orphanage


The FBC Elberton crew brought some dolls some of the crafty ladies at their church had made. They were a hit at the orphanage with girls and boys alike!

The Elberton ladies spent some time with the girls at Children of Hope. Here's Kristen carefully giving one of them some bright pink nails. :)

Playing games with the parachute at the orphanage



 This is our neighbor Natalee. She comes and hangs out here a lot. I gave her one of the pillowcases I had left. Isn't she so cute? I asked where she wanted to have her photo taken and she said in front of the moto. :) She and her brother went with us on Sunday to the orphanage. She had never been to one before and didn't know who lives at an orphanage. When I told her on the way there, I could see the shock come to her face as she thought about children who don't have parents. She told me afterwards she made three new friends and wants to go back soon.


You may also like

1 comment:

Andrew Lace said...

Very nice bloog you have here

Powered by Blogger.