Every leaf is a flower

/
1 Comments
"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Fall is perhaps life's greatest reminder of this for me. I'm blessed to call East Tennessee home... the land of the four seasons. :) Although it doesn't snow here as much as it did when I was a child, we get our cold winter, our hot summer, the beautiful blossoms of spring, and the rich colors of autumn. I love all of it, but fall most of all. That deep orange hue of the leaves is the most gorgeous color this earth can display.

Today I finally did something I've been meaning to do for weeks... drive around and take pictures of the incredible colors I'm blessed to see here every day during this season. I nearly waited too long as so many have fallen to the ground already. Every time the wind blows and I see the leaves floating down I want to scream, "NO! Stay! Just for a little while longer!" But I know it's all part of the cycle. From death comes new life. And when the pink dogwoods and cherry blossoms bloom in the spring, all will be right with the world again. :)

I thought I'd share with you a piece of my home. I only had my point and shoot, so apologies there, and I took most of these by quickly rolling down my window, snapping, and driving on. But I hope you will enjoy these snippets of God's creation I've tried to capture, and hopefully even spend some time yourself out and about to enjoy whatever season you've found yourself in. I think I've only missed two autumns away from home. Next year I'll miss another. I'm soaking in as much as I can this year--sad I will miss it next, but excited for what other colors God will have for me in Haiti! If you're away from home this holiday season, I pray that God will gift you with something special to remind you of the place you treasure in your heart--wherever else your path has taken you!

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." Albert Camus






My great grandmother lived in this house! :)



Since I was out with my camera, I couldn't help passing up this field of colts. There were three new babies. So cute!!

And look at this cute little house near my neighborhood. It deserved a photo spot as well!

I'll close with a lengthier section of the Scripture quoted at the beginning. It's been a while since I read it and really let it all soak in. I found it good for my soul to revisit these truths. Maybe it's something you need to read as well during your own season of life.


To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down, 
And a time to build up;
A time to weep,
And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
And a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
And a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
And a time to speak;
A time to love,
And a time to hate;
A time of war,
And a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


You may also like

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love! I keep forgetting that we're both in this beautiful part of the world! We should try and get together soon! I'm going back to Mississippi in January, back to school. Let me know if you want to get together sometime amidst all these beautiful colors!

Powered by Blogger.