Haiti: You're Invited!!

/
0 Comments
What: Hannah's leaving for the mission field... again!
Where: Leogane, Haiti
When: January 4th to mid-December 2013
Why: Well, hopefully you already know that I love Jesus and want to be part of making disciples in Haiti!
How: That's where you come in!

In less than 6 weeks I'm heading back to Haiti. I'm so thankful to be home for the holidays this year, but I'm really excited to get back down to a country that has quickly stolen my heart. My departure date is January 4th and my soon-to-be coworkers are anticipating my arrival and are ready to put me to work as the Safe Water/Maternal Child Health Intern.

YOU ARE INVITED...

TO PRAY!

I need prayer warriors who will commit to praying for me regularly as I tackle the tasks set before me. My internship with Children's Nutrition Program will be outside my normal realm of experience, but I believe in their programs and I'm trusting God to equip me for this assignment. I'd appreciate your prayers in this way, that I would be able to quickly dive in and do all that is required of me in this upcoming role. Safe water and nutrition are what most of us consider basic necessities... and also what we often take for granted. Unfortunately, for most of the world, these are luxuries! I've seen dozens of malnourished children in Haiti so far, and it breaks my heart to know that so many children in that impoverished nation will not survive if help does not come to them soon! I've shared this statistic before that 20,000 children die each day before their 5th birthday. I've also seen a statistic for Haiti as high as 44 children dying each hour.

Not only am I passionate about wanting every nation and tribe to know about God and the gift of His Son Jesus Christ, but I think everyone should have access to clean water and the information and resources they need to keep their families healthy. Thank you for praying for me and for the individuals and communities I will be trying to help within these programs. And pray also as I share my life with the Haitian people. It is my prayer that Jesus will be evident in all that I say and do, and that my work in Haiti will go much further than just physical healing.

TO GIVE! 

I am on my way to reaching my goal of $3750 (=$250 monthly need + $750 outgoing need). That amount will cover my expenses for the entire year, including plane tickets, medical insurance, application of one-year visa, and items I am purchasing in advance for my time in Haiti. As of today, I've raised and have pledges committed totaling $2,790. Thank you for all of you who have given towards this cause so far. It's been incredible to see how God continues to provide, even in just the last 24 hours! 


Only $980 left to raise! God is good!!

If you feel led to give towards my year in Haiti, here are three easy options:

1: Mail a check to me at the address below.

Hannah Sterling
P.O. Box 4878
Maryville, TN 37802-4878

2. If you would like your gift to be tax-deductible, you can mail a check made out to "FBC Friendsville" with my name in the memo to the address below:

Friendsville First Baptist Church
403 N. Farnum St
Friendsville, TN 37737

3. You can give through PayPal by clicking on the button below. (Note: My PayPal account is registered under my jewelry business name "The Paper Bag".)


THANK YOU again for your prayers and support, not only during my time in Haiti but since God first called me to full-time ministry nearly 8 years ago. What an incredible journey I have had the privilege of living out since that night. And it's been a blessing to have so many of you walking beside me along the way. I appreciate you accepting the invitation to join me in this Kingdom work. And I'm reminded each day that it is not my ministry... it is first God's and then ours. Together, we CAN make a difference in the lives of people around the world, going out, making disciples, and teaching them about our Heavenly Father. And oh, how thankful I am that God is with me every step of the way, until the end of time! (Matthew 28:19-20).



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.