Handing Over the Reins

/
0 Comments
It is less than two weeks before time to leave Matamoros and return to Tennessee. All of us are trying to avoid the subject of leaving. Nevertheless, despite the avoided conversation, there is a sense of urgency in the air as we realize that our time here (for several of us) is drawing to a close. I know it will be difficult to leave this surprisingly beautiful city and these amazing people. But I also know that although I, myself, am checking out for a time, God is very much checked-in to this place. I am confident in the leadership placed over the program here, and I have been nothing but impressed by the amazing drive my fellow FYMers have exhibited here. The men, women, and beautiful children of Matamoros have been nestled in the hearts of all of us, and we will each carry our memories for a lifetime. Meanwhile, God is not finished with His work here in Matamoros. Although there are so many unknowns for my own life after this trip, one thing I know for sure… I am handing the reins of this project over to God’s chosen elect and I pray blessings over each of them as they seek out the very face of God in this place. For in only a short time here, we realized that God does not spend His time calling us to new experiences. He calls us to Himself, and uses each of us to call His next child, and the mission continues...



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.