Greetings from New Orleans!!

/
0 Comments
This is the first of my ministry updates since my recent move back to New Orleans. Below is what I sent out to my mass email list. If you want to receive these by email and you know my personal email address, just send me a message and I'll add you to the list. Otherwise, check my blogs from time to time to read my latest update.

I hope you have all had a wonderful holiday season! I had a great time with my friends and family, but it was quite rushed trying to pack and get everything ready for the move. I left Maryville on Thursday and headed to Atlanta with my brother for a fabulous Cirque du Soleil performance. I spent the rest of the weekend in Chattanooga for a wedding of one of my best college buds.

Finally, I safely arrived in New Orleans yesterday afternoon. One minor bump in the road (besides the hard rains on the Interstate)... I found out 10 minutes before leaving Maryville Thursday that I would not be moving into a furnished dorm... instead, I would be moving into an unfurnished apartment. Good news = I'd have the whole place to myself... bedroom, kitchen, living room, bathroom, etc... Bad news = I had no time, room in my car, or proper financial preparation to move into an unfurnished apartment. Nevertheless, I accepted the offer telling myself it will all work out for the best in the end. After giving it some thought, I am super excited to have a place to myself. It's a really cute apartment, strings were definitely pulled for me to get a place like this, and I am blessed to have received it. Meanwhile, all my stuff is on the floor waiting for shelves, etc... but luckily I do have an air mattress (on loan). I will probably start the furniture search this weekend. Hopefully I can find some good deals. If any of you know people who live around the area that are looking to get rid of ANYTHING... let me know! I have a truck I can use. Around here, however, most people are re-furnishing their own homes... but hopefully that means there are some good deals to be found.

Oh, and for those of you who I haven't been in contact with lately, here's a quick update about this whole situation. (Everyone else can skip to the last paragraph.) After returning from New Orleans last July, I spent the Fall semester working at a private Christian school in Seymour, TN. I worked there full-time as a Bible teacher, ESL teacher, and I lived in a dorm with 31 girls and 3 other dorm staff. I also coordinated the Middle School chapel services and helped coach the girls' soccer team. It was an intense, challenging, and wonderful experience. But all the while, I anticipated returning to New Orleans, and indeed, that's how God worked it all out... so here I am!! I am working again for the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary in their missions outreach department. I'm labeled as a Missions Associate... basically, I am a missions coordinator that handles the logistics, etc of groups who wish to come to New Orleans for mission trips. I'm in contact with them about organization and ministries they want to be involved with while they are here, as well as organizing the details of where they will stay, devotion and worship times while they are here, etc. Specifically, we are already heavily preparing for the 9-weeks of intense youth camps for this summer. We're hoping to have around 400 youth and staff each week, compared to the 80-150 a week we had last year. So it's going to be awesome!!

Thanks again to all of you for your support, prayers, friendship, and love. It's all so much appreciated!! Once I start getting my hands dirty again, I will send out more updates, pictures, etc. Meanwhile, keep me updated with what's going on where you're at, prayer requests, and the like.

All for Him,
Hannah

If your church or someone you know might be interested in coming down to minister to the needs of New Orleans, we've got groups coming through here of all ages year-round. Check out www.missionlab.com or call 877.TRY.MLAB.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.