Family of Hope Services

/
0 Comments
I am finally getting settled into my assignment here with Family of Hope Services (FHS), a non-profit, faith-based organization that cares for orphans and vulnerable children. As I have mentioned before, it is quite overwhelming to observe all of the needs in this city. I find it especially difficult to process the enormous and seemingly unending needs of the children here. I am so thankful for organizations like FHS that are seeking to provide hope for children who live in such desperate conditions. FHS operates in Katutura, an area of Windhoek that I have spoken of before. The mission of FHS is stated on one of its fliers: "to restore hope, joy, and dignity and bring socio-economic stability to families affected and infected by HIV/AIDS through empowerment and capacity building programs." One of the primary ways this is done is through the education programs provided at FHS such as the After School Program, the Early Childhood Development Program (kindergarten), and the Remedial Program. The Remedial Program seeks to help youth that are not enrolled in school for various reasons. This is such an important program, as children who grow up without an education will face even more hardships than those that are common to all here in Windhoek.

I am very excited to team up with FHS to meet these challenges head on. I appreciate your prayers as I observe the work of FHS and as God leads me towards areas that I can best serve the community through this great organization. There are many continuous needs that the center has, and so I ask you to pray also that these needs will be met through the teachers and workers, the volunteers, donations, and so on. Specifically, I will be helping in the "counseling department". The children and youth have many needs that stem from situations at home, behavioral issues, etc. I will need God's wisdom in order to make a positive difference in the lives on these children through observing, assessing, and addressing the many needs that each one of them has.

A few of the many precious children at FHS.

Linda is reviewing the English lesson with some from her class. Linda and Cindy are two names you will see often as they are also serving full-time with AIM.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.