On the road to Arandis

/
1 Comments
Saturday I was invited to travel with some of the Rineers to Arandis. The main purpose of the trip was to visit with Steve and Karrie Graham. They have been serving in Arandis for about a year and a half. The town is quite a stark contrast to Windhoek! Thankfully, the weather was mild during our visit, but temperatures there can reach into the 130s! Steve and Karrie minister to youth and children. Hope's Promise is an orphan ministry working towards providing foster homes for children in desperate need of a family. Steve and Karrie have a great passion for youth and I pray God continues to bless their important ministry in Arandis. To read more about what the Grahams are up to, check out their blog: http://reachnamibia.blogspot.com.

The Rineer gals stayed and played with the Graham children while us adults headed off for Swakomund, a popular coastal town. The terrain along the drive was just so unlike anything I'd ever seen. From Swakomund we went to Walvis Bay for lunch. (Random fact: This is the town that Brad & Angelina had their baby.) The sand dunes along the drive were amazing! The day was overcast, but it was still a fabulous landscape to behold! After lunch, we had time to climb up one of the dunes. We were all full from lunch and I was feeling a bit under the weather, but the thought of an adventure perked us up and off we went. Of course they had done it before, but I was super excited! I even started running for a bit. Next thing I knew I was huffing and puffing like I haven't done in a long time. It was really tough! My feet were sinking into the sand and the incline got steeper and steeper... or at least felt that way!! I began to wonder if the view was going to be worth the misery.

Indeed it was!



It was windy and a bit chilly at the top, though I was definitely sweating from the climb!

This is how I really felt!

On the drive home. Sunsets in Namibia are spectacular!


You may also like

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

beautiful shots, hannah. Great to catch up a bit and see some pics and stories from namibia...glad you made it safe, we are back up in country and adjusting again as well. praying for you!

Powered by Blogger.