Realities that will break your heart

/
1 Comments
While I am living in Africa, it is my desire to portray through stories, pictures, and videos what it is really like to live in this country. I hope and pray that even a portion of what I am seeing and experiencing will be translated to you in a way that allows you to really process these realities as if you were seeing and experiencing them firsthand. I know that nothing compares to being an eyewitness at any scene, but I wouldn't share these stories with you if I didn't think they also had the power to impact your lives as they are impacting mine.

The article below is from today's newspaper. "Baby dumping" seems as common here as taking out the trash. I drove by this very dam today on my way to work, thinking about how I wish I could have a few moments with my camera to snap some beautiful shots I saw of the reflections coming off the water. Little did I know of the tragedy that was resting in that very spot. Stories like these are the realities that will break your heart. As my sister remarked tonight, my role here in helping a handful of kids seems like such a small drop in an ocean of problems that exist everywhere I turn in this city. I just have to remind myself that God can multiply the work of my hands. Even if I play a part in transforming the life of only one child, that child could grow up to transform the life of another, who transforms the life of another... and another... and another...
Click on the article to enlarge


You may also like

1 comment:

Bekah said...

You will do more good than you know, with each child that you help. love you!

Powered by Blogger.