I am loved.

/
1 Comments
What a great feeling to know that you're truly loved.

There are some special people in my life who seem to make it their mission for me to know I am loved. Since I've been in Africa, my family and friends have really blessed my socks off with emails and letters of encouragement, care packages, and prayers lifted up on my behalf.

This week was no exception. I went to the post office and collected four packages in one day! One from my mom, one from Tiffany, and two boxes from a group of sweet ladies in my church who meet together as Quilters and Crafters. I expected those boxes to be filled with hygiene packs for the children at the hospital--because I was told they had packed some to send. What I found instead were two boxes filled to the brim with nearly everything on my wish list!

5 cakes mixes
2 tubs of icing
Reese's Cups and Snickers galore
3 boxes of peanut butter crackers
Four bags of "chips"--chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, & PB chips
Bisquick
Splenda
Yogurt raisins
Crystal light drink packets
Muffin mixes
5 Christmas CDs! (which really made my day and month!)
...and I'm sure I'm forgetting some things

Those precious Quilters and Crafters truly outdid themselves! I totally was not expecting such a blessing. My roommates and I are super excited for a great couple of months filled with lots of yummy treats! It's funny too, because when I'm in America, I don't really eat a lot of candy and sweets. But there's something about being 7,000 miles away from the comforts of home that really makes these treats extra special.

(And they are still sending some boxes for the hospital, so the children there will be blessed as well!)

Thanks to all of you out there who are journeying alongside of me through prayer, encouragement, and everything in between. You know who you are, and I thank God for you and pray that He blesses you as you've been such a blessing to me. And thanks especially to Carolyn, Faye, Jackie, Joyce, Mary Sue, Linda, Inna, Vi, Christy, Judy, Eva, Fran, Frances, Jean, Marcella, Becky, Kathleen, Lula, Virginia, Martha, Margaret, Freda, and Dene! Your kindness means the world to me. I look forward to giving you each a big hug when I finally get home! Love you!


You may also like

1 comment:

Patrick and Tiffany said...

That is toooooo sweet of them! On an unrelated note- I love how your dark hair looks in the pic!

Powered by Blogger.