Heading south for the winter

/
0 Comments
On Day 11 of Mom and Judy's time here, we began our drive south. We were bound for Cape Town! We had three and a half days to pack in as much as we could, and did we ever!

First stop: Table Mountain. We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather! The last time I was on top of Table Mountain I nearly froze to death, so this time around was a nice change.

Other stops as we breezed through Cape Town included Robben Island, the Mount Nelson Hotel, the District Six Museum, and the Groot Constantia vineyard.

Nelson Mandela was imprisoned on Robben Island for 18 out of his total 27 years in prison.

Enjoying the legendary Afternoon Tea at the Mount Nelson Hotel

Learning about the history of District Six was both enlightening and depressing

The vineyard at Groot Constancia

A trip to Cape Town is not complete without a belly filled with McDonald's! (Says the missionary who has been living in a no-McDonald's zone in Africa for 11 months!)

One of my favorite creatures in Southern Africa... a rock hyrax. I can say that because, unlike some of my friends here, I don't have them living in my backyard keeping me up at night. I do, however, have mice living in my ceiling--but that's a story for another time! Strange fact about these little guys... they are the closest living relative to an elephant. I have no idea how or what that means but look it up if you don't believe me!




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.