Finger Lickin' Good!

/
0 Comments
Yesterday, Linda and I went to visit Elizabeth and her family at their home in Katutura. We took along some KFC and had a great time eating, hanging out, and playing with the kids.

Our feast

The twins were gobbling it up!

Linda and Elizabeth's crew plus one.

Bianca, their cousin, warmed up to me more than she ever has. She was so amused by seeing the photos after they'd been taken.

Some of the neighboring boys were blowing vuvuzelas nearby. Although the horn blowing can get annoying very quickly, I had to snap a few shots before they were silenced.

This little girl was adorable, but she was too timid for me to get a good photo. It can take some of the really little ones a long time to warm up to a white face.

Seeing kids in rags and tattered shoes always breaks my heart. One of the kids was only wearing one shoe. These poor things can hardly even be called shoes at all! I would like to get some new shoes, and clothes if possible, for these boys. I know that Elizabeth also struggles to provide for her family, but then I see the shape of some of the other kids in the same area and know that they are even worse off.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.