Praying for a miracle

/
0 Comments
Yesterday I received an email from my brother that my granddaddy had had a stroke. He also had a brain hemorrhage but beyond that he didn't know much of his condition. I immediately called my mom and we had a very emotional conversation as she was driving on her way to the hospital in Jackson, TN. Granddaddy had fallen in the night, probably what caused the bleeding, and later had a stroke.

He was responsive at the hospital yesterday, recognizing everyone and managing a smile. His right side was weak but he could hold and squeeze Mom's hand. At that point, we were praying and trusting that he could recover with some rehabilitation. Later that night, however, the bleeding in his brain got worse and they had to do emergency surgery to remove a clot to stop the bleeding and relieve the pressure on his brain. Although they removed the clot and he is back to breathing on his own with improved vitals, he is pretty much non-responsive. Mom says that he seems worse neurologically. The nurses have advised everyone to let him rest. It could be days before we know whether or not he will recover. And if he does, it is uncertain in what capacity he will recover.

I am praying for a miracle that God will heal his body and mind. I am praying for my family, especially my mom, and for strength and comfort for everyone who is hurting. It is so difficult to be so far away from my family right now. I want more than anything to be there. Many of you know my granddaddy and you know how special of a man he is. Just last week he brought home a bronze medal in a Senior Olympics swimming competition! He means the world to me. We have always had a special bond. He is also my last living biological grandparent. It has always been my prayer that I would be able to see him again when I return to the states after being so far away. I am still praying for that, but it breaks my heart to consider that it may not happen. I honestly cannot imagine my world without him in it. Please join me in praying for him and my family during this difficult time.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.