Update on Granddaddy and my trip home

/
0 Comments
Granddaddy's condition is constantly changing. A brief update: He's had some good days and some bad days in the last week. The last report I got from my mom, rehab was able to get him out of bed for a bit and he is trying more and more to talk--still very difficult to understand. Currently Mom is waiting for him to be moved into a nursing home/rehab facility. Mom was hoping he would move earlier this week, but some complications delayed that. It may be end of this week before that happens, and she will stay in West TN until that time. She's off work until Monday and they have been very gracious and understanding giving her so much time off.

Due to his continued "roller coaster" journey with his health, I have made the decision to return to Tennessee for a couple of weeks. I feel it is important to spend time with him during this time and also to help out my exhausted family who has been constantly dealing with his medical care. I will be departing Namibia on Sept 2nd and leaving Knoxville Sept 20th to return. Please pray for safe travels and pray also for my health as I have been quite sick for about 12 hours now. (It's nearly 5am and I can't even sleep... not good with so much to prepare for my Thursday departure!) Also, two short-termers just arrived yesterday to live in the house with me for the next three months. Pray that their next few weeks without me here will go smoothly and they won't feel abandoned. Other missionaries in Windhoek have volunteered to help out a lot while I'm gone.

Thank you for your continued prayers for my Granddaddy and my family. And I apologize in advance for not being able to see many people during this short trip. Visiting with and helping my family will be priority. I will likely spend a lot of the time in West TN, though I do hope to visit my church at least once if my schedule allows.

(If you haven't already heard, I will be returning to the States in December for two months of Home Assignment, so I will be able to catch up with everyone during that time.)



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.