40 Days

/
2 Comments
The period of 40 days has quite a bit of significance for anyone familiar with the Bible...
  • It rained for 40 days and 40 nights during the Great Flood.
  • Moses was twice on the mountain with God for 40 days.
  • Elijah was strengthened for 40 days and 40 nights from a heavenly meal.
  • Jesus fasted for 40 days in the wilderness.
  • ...And there are other significant 40 days events in the Bible as well.
Why am I mentioning all of this? Well, I decided to count how many days I have left in Namibia. The answer... you guessed it... 40! My first thought was, "That is not very long at all!!" And my second thought led me to reflect on the significance of this exact time period throughout Biblical history. God has done quite a number of hugely transformational events during 40 days.

So as I wrap up my time here, I ask for your prayers that God would continue to use me to transform the lives of those around me. I ask for prayers for strength like Elijah's to finish strong. I ask for prayers for incredible moments alone with the Lord like Moses up on Mount Sinai and Jesus as He fasted and prayed in the wilderness. And I ask for your prayers that I would allow God's power and love to flow through me in such a way that only He gets the glory for all that He desires to accomplish in these remaining few weeks.


You may also like

2 comments:

Katie said...

I have a good friend who is spending 40 days in Jamaica right now to see what God's will is! So cool how God intertwines our lives :)

Hannah Langham said...

Yeah it is! :) I look forward to hearing more about what God's doing in and through you lately. We'll have to find time to get together when I get back.

Powered by Blogger.