Happy Birthday, Frodo & Sam!!

/
1 Comments
Frodo and Sam turned a whopping 6 years old today! (That's 42 in dog years, right?) So of course I decided to throw a party for them! :) We invited Ellie and Linda and had a grand time.

I always feel like when I post stuff like this I need to add a disclaimer that says... No, I'm not one of those people who dresses up her dogs and takes Olan Mills portraits with them. (No offense if you do.) But these dogs are two special loves of my life here in Namibia. They have greatly enhanced my life, and I think that's what dogs, and pets in general, should do. They have been an added blessing on top of everything else, and I have always been one to appreciate every single blessing in my life... big and small, drooly and non-drooly. I will miss them terribly when I leave. I posted the first flyer today to find a new home for them. :( I pray that process goes well because knowing I've found them a good home will help in the already difficult transition I know it will be to leave Namibia. These are two dear friends I'll leave behind in addition to all the sweet kiddos and adults that I've come to call my family here.

Can't you just see the joy radiating on their faces?!

This makes me laugh.

Of course Ellie joined in on the festivities. (The collar is because she's an escape artist... it's the only way to keep her inside the fence.)

Birthday cake/mush.

If you know Frodo and Sam, you know how much willpower they are exerting at this moment.

I was really hoping for a good shot with the noise maker, but this photo says it all. "Party's over."


You may also like

1 comment:

Stephen said...

You are a blogging machine. Best of luck with the canine family members!

Powered by Blogger.