Back to Croix des Bouquets and beyond!

/
1 Comments
This past week has been very exciting! Our last volunteer team with Baptists 4 Haiti left Saturday the 19th, and we don't have another team coming in until this Saturday the 2nd. We had a full two weeks with an empty house and I knew exactly how I wanted to spend some of that time. I got a ride to Croix des Bouquets, where I served with God's Planet. It's weird being back in Haiti but so far from some of my most precious friends here. Even though Croix des Bouquets is only about 50 miles away from Leogane, it can take as long as 3 hours to get there due to traffic. Driving through Port-au-Prince can be a  seemingly never-ending nightmare. I was so excited for the trip though, and would have been fine if it had taken 10 hours to get there! Though my driver may not have agreed!


My friend Sarah, who runs Living Water Haiti Orphanage, said I could stay at her orphanage even though she was out on a visit to the States. This was the first place I stayed when I came with God's Planet last November. Sarah's kids (only 5 at the time) stole my heart from the beginning. Now she has 8 and they are all so special to me. Sarah's house is also where my friend NeNe works and where my sweet dog Fibi lives.


During the week I also had the opportunity to go to Gonaives and visit Much Ministries and their work in Jubilee. I also spent some time with Diddi Washington and her ministry Mission Haiti Helping Kids.


It was a fabulous week and I have many stories and photos to share so stay tuned!!

A map of Haiti showing Leogane and Croix des Bouquets. Gonaives is north of where this map ends.




You may also like

1 comment:

shannon perkins said...

My name is Shannon Perkins. I have created a non-profit called One World One Canvas. We have gone twice to Haiti (going again in March). Both times we visited Church of God of Prophesy in Leogane and Double Harvest in Croix-des-Bouquets, so I found your blog interesting. Visit us at www.facebook.com/oneworldonecanvas. we just got back from costa rica last week.

Powered by Blogger.