Another great week!

/
0 Comments
The teacher's workshop on positive discipline went very well on Monday. Thanks for all your prayers! This week we did see good changes in the behavior of the children. The "My Choices Chart" seems like a big hit, and I'll be excited when some of the children acquire 5 stickers and can choose something from the treasure chest. Most of the children are starving for love and attention. Encouraging them when they make good choices puts a huge smile on their faces. That is what I love to see!

Yesterday I had a wonderful afternoon and evening with the Prills, Miriam, Linda, and Ana. Ana and I were invited to tag along for a refreshing hike around Avis Dam followed by a delicious sundowner at a posh restaurant. For around $10US, Ana and I shared a huge basket filled with chicken tenders, fried prawns (shrimp), samosas, spring rolls, and French fries. I was so glad that Ana wanted to come with us. I really enjoyed hanging out with her. I think she also had a great time.

Ana and I enjoying the view at Avis Dam. She's not too keen on heights, so I didn't force her too close to the edge. :)



Hotel Thule has an elegant restaurant inside with a full (and pricey) menu, and a more casual outdoor area where we were sitting--enjoying the sunset and the basket of deliciousness! Unfortunately, I didn't get any decent photos of the sunset, but I promise I will capture some incredible Namibian sunsets before the end of my time here.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.