A taste of home

/
0 Comments
This afternoon I decided to make rice krispy treats. Mom had reminded me that they would be an easy snack to make here, and I've been craving them ever since. Thankfully, butter, rice krispies, and marshmallows are easy to find here. I bought an off-brand of rice krispies to save a little money (notice the one-color packaging in the picture, I'd never seen anything like that!) although they do actually carry Kellogg's Rice Krispies. The main kind of marshmallows they have here are a combination of white and pink ones. The flavor was still perfect for our afternoon snack.

It was really nice having something that I've enjoyed for so many years back home. Mom sent a care package that included some muffin mixes. It was so wonderful to fix a batch for breakfast last week! I had to buy a muffin pan, however, because that was not a kitchen item that Monica possessed. In case you're wondering what snacks and items that I miss from home, I did make a list. :) Click here or the link under the picture of me in the right-hand column of my blog. I don't NEED anything, but I know some of you like to send care packages, so I figured I would make it easy for you. ;)



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.