Movie Day!

/
0 Comments
On Wednesday we took my creative writing class to a movie! None of them had ever been to a movie theater before. This was a real treat! I had asked a few of them what they might like to do to celebrate the end of the year and a movie is what we decided on. It was between that and going to the swimming pool. Not all of them could swim, and personally I preferred the movie idea, so off we went! There were 12 kids total... all girls except for one boy. There have been more kids in and out of my class throughout, but these were the ones who've been coming most regularly.

I enlisted the help of Heather and Candace, and the driving and extra vehicle space of Linda and Anja. We watched "Despicable Me". A hilarious movie I highly recommend! This was the same movie I took Tudeski and Man to a couple weeks ago.

We got their super early. A bit TOO early. Apparently I was a tad paranoid about being late. When we were finally allowed in the theater we still had about 30 minutes before start time. Heather suggested the kids entertain us with singing. They happily obliged. And they took turns going down to the front to sing and dance as if they were on stage. We could hardly see them because it was so dark, but we all had a great time! My camera wouldn't take a photo at all. Anja had hers, but they didn't turn out great either. I've included one below to give you a blurry idea. They were really cute. It's amazing how uninhibited these kids are compared to many kids back home. They love performing, be it singing, dancing, whatever. And we love being in the audience to cheer them on! :)

I enjoyed glancing over at the kids from time to time to see the intensity on their faces and the laughter at the funny parts. They really enjoyed it! I wish I could remember all the funny things they said throughout. The beginning of the movie takes place in Egypt. When the desert came on the screen one of the kids yelled, "Sossusvlei!" Which is a popular desert location here in Namibia. When the goatherd appeared the boy next to me asked, "Is it Moses?" When I said no, he kept saying it was Moses... as if to say, who else would it be if it wasn't Moses?! :)

Here are a few photos. Some of the kids had a lot of fun snapping their own pics with Anja's camera...




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.